fbpx test
HomeHuman trafficking7 stolen Bauchi children reunited with their families

7 stolen Bauchi children reunited with their families

Bauchi State governor, Bala Mohammed has received seven children who were kidnapped from Bauchi to Kano by a kidnapping syndicate headquartered in the southeastern part of the country.

Nigeriacrime.com learned that Governor Mohammed who reunited the seven children with their parents in Bauchi, except for one of the victims, Aisha whose parents could not be traced, said it is unacceptable for children to be stolen and their genealogy changed from what it should be.

Speaking at the event held in Bauchi Government House on Wednesday, the governor challenged the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking of Persons (NAPTIP) to work hard to beam its searchlight on the state to avoid future occurrence.

“If this thing is not nipped in the bud, it is capable of bringing suspicion and mistrust between the different people in Nigeria. It is unacceptable for people to be stolen and sold, and their genealogy, their linguistics, and their faith changed, just because of money.

“I hope these are the only victims. I hope many others have not been mutilated or killed. Indeed the Police Command and the Police Commissioner in Kano deserve special commendation for this good job,” he added

While expressing disappointment in the nonchalant attitude of some parents in monitoring the affairs of their children leading to the rampant cases of abduction, the governor charged religious and traditional leaders to educate them on their parental obligations.

He further ordered the Bauchi State Ministry of Women Affairs and Child Development to immediately enrol the children in school while announcing a donation of one million naira to each of the seven victims.

Earlier while briefing the governor and members of his cabinet, the Commissioner of Police Bauchi Command, Auwal Mohammed thanked the governor for showing concern for the victims and supporting their return to the State.

He revealed that some of the abduction of the children was carried out before the coming of the Bala Mohammed led administration.

“The whole thing started around 2016 or thereabout. Although there were two incidents in 2023,” he said.

The Commissioner of Police Muhammad Auwal also informed the Governor that all the suspects had been arrested and an investigation was ongoing.

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments