Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has on Tuesday released an updated list of landed properties seized from an unnamed ‘top military officer’.
The new list contains 24 landed assets valued at N10.9 billion, a sharp increase from the N3billion given as the worth of the properties in the commission’s earlier statement on Monday.
The name of the top military of the officer was not given in the statement by EFCC announcing the forfeiture order.
A judge of the Federal High Court in Abuja, Nkeoya Maha, issued an order of final forfeiture of the assets to the federal government on Monday, Wilson Uwujaren, the spokesperson for the EFCC, had disclosed in the earlier statement.
However, in another statement on Tuesday, Mr Uwujaren listed 24 sets of assets worth N10.9 billion seized from the military officer in Kano, Kaduna, Borno and Cross River states.
According to the commission, the assets include about nine filling stations with a total of 300 pumps scattered in Kano.
They also include an LPG plant with 30 shops, an event centre, a three storey plaza with 28 shops, and a block industry, all in Kano.
The judge, Nkeoye Maha, on Monday, granted the final forfeiture order in a ruling on the application by EFCC’s lawyers, Cosmos Ugwu and Musa Isah.
Wilson Uwujaren, the EFCC’s spokesperson, who signed the EFCC statement, said the forfeited properties situated on lands valued at over N3 billion are located in different parts of Kano, Katsina, Calabar (Cross River State) and Kaduna.
They included Fuel Stations, Event Centers, Plazas, Block Industries, Truck Assembly Plant, Polythene Production factory and table water factory.
The properties are:
1. A 16 Pump filling Station located at Rijiyar Lemo, Kano.
2. A Filling Station with 41 pumps located opposite Federal Secretariat, Kano.
3. A Filling Station with 39 pumps located along BUK Road, Kano.
4. A Filling Station with 31 pumps located along Zaria Bypass, Kano.
5. A Filling Station with 31 pumps located along Maiduguri Bypass, Kano.
6. A Filling Station with 29 pumps located along Maiduguri Bypass, Kano.
7. A Filling Station with 23 pumps located along Naibawa , Kano.
8. A Filling Station with 39 pumps located along Bachirawa, Kano.
9. A Filling Station with 51 pumps and a one-storey building with 35 shops attached to the Filling Station located along Shiek Ja’afar Road Dorayi, Kano.
10. An LPG plant with 30 shops attached to it located along Zaria Road, Kano.
11. Marhaba Event Centre, Guda Abdullahi Road, Farm Centre, Kano.
12. A three storey building (Plaza) With 28 shops located on Hadeja Road, next to Sheshe Supermarket , Kano.
13. A three-storey building (Plaza) with 126 shops located on Audu Bako Way, Opposite Nation Plaza, Kano.
14. Classic Block Industry at Maiduguri Road, Kano.
15. Atlasfield Corporate Headquarters, No. L6 Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna.
16. Undeveloped plot located at Sharada, Adjacent A.A. Rano Filling Station, Kano.
17. Undeveloped plot located at Yan Rake, Adjacent Dala Orthopedic Hospital, Kano.
18. Undeveloped plot located along Kano-Gwarzo Road, Adjacent Kedco Regional Office, Kano North/Opposite Silver Spoon Restaurant, Kano.
19. Undeveloped plot located along Kano-Gwarzo Road, opposite Markaz Mosque, Kano.
20. Undeveloped plot located on Sani Marshal Road, Opposite Nissan Automobile, Kano.
21. 11.7 hectares located Adjacent TINAPA Resort, Adiabo, Calabar. 22. Truck Assembly Plant, Easter Bypass, Kano.
23. Event Center located in Calabar, Cross River State.
24. Aflac Plastics Limited located behind National Eye Center, Kaduna.