The Ogun State Community, Social Orientation and Safety Corps codenamed ‘So-Safe Corps’, has rescued a 17-year-old boy, who was allegedly kidnapped by yet-to-be-identified kidnap suspects.
Nigeriacrime.com learned that the victim’s father Sunday Iboin came to Olorunda Post of the Corps to report that his son, Otohu Moses, was kidnapped at Olorunsogo community, Olorunda in Abeokuta North Local Government Area of the State, at about 10:15 PM on Monday 29th January 2024 while he went out to ease himself at the back of the house”.
Confirming the incident, State Commander of the Corps, Commander (Dr) Soji Ganzallo through Director of Information and Public Relations of the Corps, Assistant Commander Moruf Yusuf said: “On Tuesday 30, January 2024, one Sunday Iboin came to Olorunda Post of the Corps to report that his son, Otohu Moses, was kidnapped at Olorunsogo community, Olorunda in Abeokuta North Local Government Area of the State, at about 2215hrs on Monday 29th January, 2024 while he went out to ease himself at the back of the house”.
When Sunday could not see his son return on time, he called his phone number several times and a man picked it up and told him in Yoruba language that his son had been kidnapped already.
Ganzallo noted that the father of the victim, who said he suspected one of his neighbours to have masterminded the kidnap of his son, said that the suspected kidnappers were asking for the ransom of one million, five hundred thousand naira.
Ganzallo noted that the operational team of the Corps strategised, swung into action and then took the war on the alleged suspected kidnappers in the forest, some kilometres away from the point of the kidnap and the boy was rescued unhurt, though with marks of cane on his body while the three armed kidnappers sighted escaped with one motorcycle.
The rescued victim has been transferred to the Nigeria Police Force, Imala Divisional Police Headquarters for further investigation.
Meanwhile, operatives of the So-Safe Corps, have arrested one Ojugbele Joshua, who is one of the alleged suspects linked to the kidnap of 17-year-old Otohu Moses, who was kidnapped at Olorunsogo Olorunda.
According to Ganzallo, the continuous combing of the bushes which the kidnap suspects may likely use as a hideout and aggressive surveillance of places and several communities around the area yielded a positive result as Ojugbele Joshua, a resident of Onju village situated about eight kilometres from Olorunda was arrested while looking for ways to stop the bleeding on his leg, the wound he sustained during the battle with the Corps in their hideout before their escape on Tuesday 30 January, 2024.
Ganzallo noted that during preliminary investigation, the suspect, Ojugbele Joshua confessed to the crime to be true and he mentioned that they were a gang of three members who kidnapped the rescued victim.
Ganzallo further said that the apprehended suspect also made it known that their employer would never believe they are into such a dastardly act.
He added that the suspect has been transferred to the Nigeria Police Force, Imala Divisional Headquarters for further investigation and likely prosecution.