fbpx test
HomeSecurity & SafetyCooking gas explosion:4-year-old girl,3 other lands in Lagos hospital

Cooking gas explosion:4-year-old girl,3 other lands in Lagos hospital

Medical personnel attached to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) are struggling to save the life of a four-year-old girl, Faridat Shittu who is in critical condition after a cooking gas explosion ravaged the residence of her parents located at 1, Odubanwo Street. Off Olaniyi Street, Gbinrinmi in Ojokoro LCDA, Lagos.

Nigeriacrime.com gathered that Faridat’s grandfather, grandmother along her uncle are also undergoing burn care with various degrees of burns in the incident that occurred on Sunday 4th February, 2024.

Narrating what happened, one of the victims, Faridat’s grandmother, who is currently in severe pain in the hospital said that she was frying meat and suddenly the oil caught flame and efforts to control it hot beyond their capacity which led to the explosion of the cooking gas.

The little girl of 4 years, Faridat Shittu was sleeping in the room when the incident happened yesterday at about 2 pm but was rescued successfully by community members and other injured victims.

The whole building of 14 rooms including shops completely went down in rubble due to the intensity of the explosion thereby rendering 11 families homeless.

The landlord of the victims, Pa Femi Odubanwo Solomon, disclosed that neighbours saved him from dying in the incident as he was initially trapped and is presently squatting in a church opposite his destroyed house.

In a related incident, on Sunday about 100 plank and building materials shops,

18 recycling iron/steel shops, 19 diesel lister generators, 34 Different types of motorcycle machines, five- 14 seaters buses, 3 cars and 2 trucks were affected in a massive market fire at a multiple-purpose sawmill market located at Awori bus stop behind GTB Bank, Abule Egba, Lagos.

The inferno which started at about 3 pm lasted till about 5:20 pm before it was put out completely. However, no one sustained any injury or casualty recorded.

The Chairman of Ojokoro LCDA and his medical team were handling and rendering various assistance to the victims of the 2 incidents that happened in his area.

Confirming the incident the West coordinator National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA Ibrahim Frainloye said the victim Faridat Shittu is in critical condition following the cooking gas explosion which ravaged the residence of her parents located at 1, Odubanwo Street. Off Olaniyi Street, Gbinrinmi in Ojokoro LCDA, Lagos.”

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments