fbpx test
HomeUncategorizedOne FRSC Officer Dies, Three Injured As Towing Van Crashes

One FRSC Officer Dies, Three Injured As Towing Van Crashes

One officer of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has been confirmed dead while three others are critically injured as a towing van belonging to the service collided with a Dangote truck.

According to the information available to NIGERIACRIME, the crash occurred around 3 am early Friday on the Kugbo-Nyanya Expressway, near Karu Bridge.

The VIO Area Commander in Kugbo, Walter Amechi, disclosed that the accident was caused by mechanical failure.

According to him, the FRSC vehicle was towing a Dangote truck carrying cement (which had earlier suffered a failed brake) to the VIO office in Kugbo.

He said the driver of the towing van was found dead, trapped in the vehicle, while the driver of the Dangote truck, his conductor, and one other passenger sustained injuries.

Meanwhile, a 30-year-old man identified as Ubani Usman was headbutted to death on Wednesday by a cow in the abattoir located in Agege Area of Lagos State.

READ ALSO: DSS Arrests CBN Deputy Governor

It was gathered that the incident happened about 7:40pm on Wednesday after the cow broke loose from the abattoir.

According to an eyewitness, all efforts by the police who stormed the abattoir to arrest the fiery cow proved unsuccessful and that butchers in the area refused to provide the cow for arrest.

The source, who chose to speak anonymously for fear of victimisation, said the deceased victim was immediately rushed down to the general hospital in the area for medical attention before he was later pronounced dead by a doctor on duty.

The source said, “The man was standing not far from the abattoir when the incident happened. The cow broke loose, and before we knew it, it had rammed the man down. We took the victim to the general hospital in the area, but he was later confirmed dead by a doctor.

“When the policemen came to arrest the ram and the owners, the people in the abattoir were not helpful at all. So no arrest has been made.”

When contacted, the state police public relations officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, was not available to confirm this as his phone rang out and a message sent to him had yet to be responded to as of the time this report was filed.

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments